The Master of Science in Information Security Technology and Management (MSISTM) is ideally suited for students who want to assume leadership positions in the information security arena.
In 16 months, the program enhances a technical education with additional courses in management, information security policy, privacy and other topics essential for the effective development and management of secure information systems. Graduates of the MSISTM program become security experts equipped to manage the growing complexities associated with securing data, networks and systems.
This graduate degree program meets the criteria for the CyberCorps® Scholarship for Service Program (SFS). U.S. citizens who are accepted may be eligible for a full scholarship and stipend from the federal government through the SFS program. View the SFS Alumni Profile.
Program Learning Objectives
Through this program, you strive to:
- Gain a detailed understanding of the interdisciplinary aspects (technical, business, management, policy) of information security
- Assess the information security risks faced by an organization
- Manage the development, acquisition and evolution of a secure information infrastructure
- Gain expertise in both theory and practice of information security
- Acquire a detailed understanding of information security challenges in networks and software systems
- Design and implement networked, software and distributed systems with information security in mind
- Gain expertise to manage the growing complexities associated with securing data and networks
- Equip yourself with skills to assume a leadership position in information security
MSISTM Academic Advisor
Assistant Research Professor
INI, CyLab and ECE
Office: 2216, Collaborative Innovation Center
Telephone: (412) 268-4605
Receive more info on the MSISTM
Student Life Photos